Monday, May 27, 2013

True Adventurers!

True Adventurers is what a woman living in a very remote part of the Central Kalahari called us.  I guess it is all a matter of perspective.  I would have called her that before considering calling myself one....what follows is a montage of pictures and words from the past few days.  I have found that adding pictures is not that easy from my tablet, and editing after the fact, impossible, so what you have here is a little bit disjointed. My apologies...I think that you will get the idea though.

In the spirit if adventure, as



 you might imagine, the Internet accessibility in Africa is not like you would see in Silicon Valley. So, I haven't been able to keep up with the our travels as much as I hoped to.  Since pictures are worth more than words,, I am giving you a photo montage today.  There are anew shots if the plane in here, which might imply that all is not well with our Dixie...not true.  She just had a small leak in the drain valve of one fuel tank. The airport security guy did not like the looks of it, so we used some gaffer tape (think you Rob!) to put a Rube Golberg gas collection device (a water bottle) in place while we are on the ground.  This seemed keeping in the theme of African ingenuity.  Note the very clever duct tape repair on the bungee jumping platform 350 feet above the water in the Victoria Falls gorge.

Here are some of my favorite quotes so far:

"you have the clocks, we have the time"
"don't kill the artist" (a reply when we negotiated for a trinket with a street vendor)
"we also have problems with cougars here, but a very different kind" (in response to a statement about hikers in Washington encountering wildlife.)

Here are some pictures from the past few days.  More words to come later.











No comments:

Post a Comment